Stress

Posted by Deb | Day Trading Journey | Thursday 18 November 2010 10:39 pm





This morning I felt my live trading yesterday was too stressful for me. I can’t take live trading right now, and should go back to the demo.

When I got back home in the afternoon and wanted to trade, I still felt I can’t handle live trading. Nontheless, I opened first the Sierra charts and took a look. I felt that if the indicators will be very definite I may do live trading anyway. No luck, or maybe a lot of luck, as that was the way I prefered it. The indicators were not definite, and my internet connection was bad. I closed the Transact and left the trading, deciding to try the demo later.

I opened the Transact about 2 hours later. Now I was finally able to get a good connection, but the indicators were still indefinite, and I really didn’t feel like trading live. I was happy to open the demo, and deliberately entered a risky position. It started losing very quickly, and I quit with a loss of -$37.5. Soon after I entered a better position and set the total back to $0.

Then I entered another position that looked promising, and I didn’t want to quit it too quickly. The profit was only one or two pips, so I waited for the market to go down further. No luck again. A few minutes later the market turned around and made my position a losing one. I thought it will probably go back soon, and uncautiously left the pc to go and prepare dinner. When I came back, the losses grew big. I decided not to quit, and let it run for about 2 hours. I wasn’t sitting near the pc all that time, and finally the connection was lost. Being on the simulator, that meant the position was lost too.

I left the Sierra charts on, thinking that possibly soon the indicators will be clearer, as it seemed the market will go down soon. Again I left the room, and when I came back the market had already dived down. The indicators showed it will go down more, so although I was very scared I opened the platform on live trading and entered a position.

That was scary! Suddenly the diving stopped and the market got stuck, going up and down a few pips. It even at some point went up more than a 2-3 pips, but I waited it out, getting scared and stressed out. Finally I quit, with a small profit of $37.5 over 3 contracts.

I was pretty sure the market will go down more, and I could make a much bigger profit, but I just wasn’t up to it. I was too stressed out, not yet ready for live trade. I opened the Sierra a few minutes ago and the market indeed had gone down more.

At least I didn’t lose. The net profit is about $13. Not much, but it is positive! I am a bit shaking, but glad I did it.

Share

No Comments »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a comment

CommentLuv badge

This site uses KeywordLuv. Enter YourName@YourKeywords in the Name field to take advantage.