Report of the Last 3 Days

Posted by Deb | Day Trading Journey | Wednesday 1 June 2011 5:29 pm

I didn’t have a chance to write here this past week, so here is a summary of the last 3 days:

Monday was memorial day, and the official stock exchange was closed. I didn’t remember that in the morning, so I did open the platform. There was some slow movement, so I decided to try my luck. That was a bad decision, as the market wasn’t really moving. I entered with one contract, as there seemed to be some movement, and indeed the market did move – two pips in the opposite direction. I waited for the market to correct itself, but it didn’t move. I added one more contract hoping this will help to hasten a possible profit, but the market was stuck. I had to go out with my son, so I left the platform open, but when I came back the market was still not moving. Finally I quit with a loss of $25 over the 2 contracts.

Yesterday and today were also not very lucky: I did make a profit, alas smaller than my expectations. Yesterday I made $62.5 over 2 contracts, and today – $75 over 3 contracts. Today I also experienced again some problem with the internet connection – something that did not happen to me recently. I hope this is not a sign for future trouble.


Another Lucky Day

Posted by Deb | Day Trading Journey | Friday 27 May 2011 12:28 pm

I got home today from my various Friday errands at 11:15. I knew it wasn’t a good time to start trading, as I had to leave at 11:45 to fetch my kids from school. I told myself: “I will just see how the market is”. I opened the platform, guessed the market will soon be going down – and somehow found my self in a short position. First with one contract, than another. The market was going up a bit, though I was still quite certain it will be going down soon. I added one more contract, and than had to go out.

I felt quite certain I will be out of the position with a profit in the next few minutes, but of course could not be sure. I felt stupid leaving everything like this, but had no other option. I fetched my son at one school, than my daughter at the second school, then back home. I was glad to see I didn’t get too nervous, and did not pass any anxiety to the children: my son was in a good mood, and we all joked.

On the way back home I got already nervous at the cars blocking my way. When we got home I rushed to my laptop, and was glad to see I was out of the position with a profit of $137.5. Thank God!

Had I been here, I possibly could have made my profit even bigger, as the market dived down even more. Never mind. I am happy with what I got. I will not try my luck any more today.


Lucky Day

Posted by Deb | Day Trading Journey | Thursday 26 May 2011 3:45 pm

I did a few stupid things today, but I had luck and came out with profit.

I opened the platfrom at 3:10 PM. The Sierra charts (which are now called the TransAct charts) took a while to load, and only after 3:20 PM I had a full picture. As there were a few financial reports scheduled at 15:30 I decided not to go in the market – and that was a lucky decision. Prior to the reports the market seemed to be going up, but right after them there was a quick dive down.

I decided to try and get some profit of this dive. First I entered with one contract, and quit very soon with a profit of $37.5.

The market continued to dive down, so I decided to try my luck once again, although I had no good guess at what point the dive would end. I entered with 2 contracts. The market went up, so I added one more contract to even out. After a few minutes the market went down again, and I quit with a total of $125 (including the first $37.5).


Another Good (and Long) Day

Posted by Deb | Day Trading Journey | Wednesday 25 May 2011 8:04 am

I have to be out of town for most of this day, so yesterday I thought I will probably not trade today. But then I woke up early this morning, and since there was enough time till I had to take the kids to school I decided to do an early trade.

I entered a position with one contract at 6:15 AM, and added another one a few minutes later. The market didn’t move at all, but I thought: no problem, there is yet enough time.

Finally at 7:00 Am the market started to move – but in the opposite direction (down instead of up). I waited more, as the indicators still showed the market will probably go back up. Finally at 7:15 I added one more contract. I was still loosing.

Then the market went up slowly. I added one more contract to speed up the process, and the market did go up but I was in a hurry to take the kids to school.

Finally I quit the position quickly so that the kids won’t be too late. I got $125 over 4 contracts.


A Good Day

Posted by Deb | Day Trading Journey | Tuesday 24 May 2011 5:03 pm

Today was a good trading day. I got to trade only in the afternoon, right when the market had opened. The indicators showed a soon diving, so I entered with 2 contracts on a short position. The first few minutes I regretted having started so quickly, as it was really the first few minutes of the market. The market went up a bit, but finally went back down. I entered one more contract to “even out”, and finally was able to quit with a profit of $125 over the 3 contracts.

I am getting more confident in the validity of my decision to “be brave” and trade with more than one contract even though my account is yet so small. I just hope and pray to have many more days of straight winning with no loss, so that I will not get discouraged.


Braver Today

Posted by Deb | Day Trading Journey | Monday 23 May 2011 2:04 pm

I opened the trading platform today and found the market was diving down. I had no idea of the reason to that, and was not able to guess by the previous days a limit to this diving. I decided to “jump on the wagon”. I put an order for 2 contracts, then reduced to one, and very quickly it caught, but didn’t go down much. I quit after 3 pips.

The market was going up and down a few pips, and I decided to try again. No luck, my profit order did not catch and I finally quit with no profit or less (except of course the loss of the broker’s fees).

I didn’t want to quit at this point with such a small profit, and wait for another opportunity. I had to wait quite a while until I could make some educated guess. Finally, when the market seemed to be going up a bit, I decided to go by my resolusion of last week and entered with 2 contracts. This indeed gave me more courage to wait a bit more before quitting the position, so I was able to make this time $67.5. Together with the first position of today, I got $100 over 4 contracts.


I Should be More Brave

Posted by Deb | Day Trading Journey | Friday 20 May 2011 4:58 pm

Today’s profit was $62.5 over one contract. Not bad, but could have been more. I entered the market in a long position, as the indicators indicated the market was going up. As it was not yet official trading time, the market was very slow, and I waited a very long time (probably over 20 minutes) till I quit the position. I decided to hold out and quit too quickly, and set my limit on 5 pips which means $62.5.

A few times during this position I considered entering with one more contract to make more profit in a shorter time, but didn’t find the right spot, or was afraid, or sometimes my order just didn’t catch. Finally I quit on my limit, but the market continued to go up. Had I entered with more than one contract, I would have had more courage and patience to wait more, as I could have collected partial profit from one of the contracts.

My conclusion is that I should go back to entering on 2 contracts from the start of the position. That will give me more options.

« Previous PageNext Page »