Tisha B’Av – Six Years After Gush Gatif

Posted by Deb | Judaism,Politics | Tuesday 9 August 2011 2:12 pm


The End?

Posted by Deb | Day Trading Journey | Wednesday 3 August 2011 5:17 pm

Well, it happened. I wiped out my account today.

I had a bad feeling when I begun, but I decided to trade anyway. I begun a short position, but the market went against me. Instead of thinking rationaly (or carefuly) and backing out as soon as I can, I let the loss go far too much, so that my account got under the $1000 I need to have there in order to continue trading.

Then I just made more and more stupid moves, and just got things worse, till I went over my $700 loss permitted per day. So I have now about $600 in my account, which means I will not be able to trade in the near future, until I add some more to it.

I am not sure what I should be doing now.


Back from Holiday

Posted by Deb | Day Trading Journey | Monday 1 August 2011 4:19 pm

I took a long weekend off, and I must tell you – that was so refreshing! I must do this more often.

My flight back was a night flight, so I spent this morning sleeping. When I finally decided to trade I didn’t have much time, so I decided to take the simulator.

The market looked as if it will go down, but then it went up again. Then it seemed it would soon get back down, so I entered one contract in a short position, and then another. Then it was time to get the kids.

I came back 20 minutes later to find myself out of both contracts with a profit of $75.

As always, my impulsivity won: I decided to try again on live trade, trying to catch the last ticks of the downward movement. I switched to live mode (Transact programmers: why does this have to include exiting the program, including the charts, and re-entering again? You should have designed some switch -which should include re-entering the password but not getting out of everything!), and tried again. As often happens to me, at this point the market went up again. I managed to quit with 0 profit, losing only the fee.

Then I tried again with a long position. This time went better: the market was going up. I quickly discovered that the brackets were not switched on, so I quickly quit with a profit of $50.